Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Dream Boat Restoration Project

I can’t believe it, but I am the owner of a boat! My brother gave me an 18' boat and it’s all mine. It’s so amazing. I can do anything I want to it. I am truly a lucky guy. He had the boat for a while and I was always telling him how much I liked it, but I never imagined he would just give it to me.


Honestly, I have very little experience with boats and boating, so I have to learn a lot. I am reading everything I can on the subject, but any advice about boat restoration would be much appreciated. That’s right, guys. I am going to fix her up, so she’s seaworthy.

Even though it’s 20 years-old, it has a really cool vibe. I am going to custom design the interior using vintage materials and details, like wood-paneling and brass accents. I want to maintain the same style, with retro pieces like boat trunks, an old anchor, the quintessential captain's wheel etc. I haven’t thought much about upholstery, but I have seen a few examples of nice teal and cream colored fabrics. I already have quite a few things I would like to use for this project. I can always take the extra stuff and sell online through my new favorite marketplace as you know www.offerbyu.com. I bet there is some vintage marina-style boat stuff to buy online, so if anyone has a lead, let me know.

This will be quite a project and if it turns out really nice, I can sell it. There seem to be a lot of boating aficionados who collect custom made retro boats and are willing to buy online. Although, the idea of sailing around America or somewhere exotic holds its appeal. That kind of adventure you can’t simply buy online. I will have even more to learn if I do that, perhaps there are classes that I can take about boating to get ready for a trip like that. Maybe there are some readers out there who can give me some advice, share stories, or point me in the right direction. I could take my boat on one adventure and then decide to sell online. I’ve actually seen people selling boat like this http://www.offerbyu.com/offers/Water-Sports/yes/id/72820151059437982910 from MASSACHUSETTS, so I know it’s possible.

Well, I am getting ahead of myself. I have much to do before I can even dream of sailing away on it. Right now I should be drawing up some plans and setting up a work station. I will post updates as soon as I make some progress.

Wish me GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment