Sunday, August 2, 2015

Vintage Treasures in Local Thrift Shop

Collecting antiques and vintage stuff is becoming my passion. I am beginning to enjoy the hunt, even though I don't always find what I want. Last weekend we hit up a few garage sales. I was looking for something special, but all we found was a bunch of useless crap that people just didn't want or couldn't bear to throw away. My wife is skeptical of the whole thing. I'm not sure she likes going through people's junk and maybe she is a little shocked because it doesn't seem like something I would be into.
My trip was starting to feel like a waste of time, but on my way back, I found this little thrift store near my place. I scored some vintage dolls in unique costumes. For example, there is a little chimney sweep doll and a few in different style dresses with cute little hats. We found some interesting ceramic plates, too. Maybe my wife is convinced now because she kept a few things for herself. The rest I put in my online store for those of you that aren't having any luck at garage sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment